Zero Parallel, LLC
Zero Parallel is the leading Affiliate Network in online advertising and marketing designed to provide an unprecedented experience for lenders and affiliates. Headquartered in Glendale, California, Zero Parallel stays at the forefront of the industry by recruiting and maintaining a team of seasoned professionals that have a passion for providing quality service and are dedicated to maintaining high standards of industry compliance.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented Legal Assistant/Paralegal to join our team!
This position will be responsible for supporting and providing critical assistance to the regulatory compliance department, and corporate legal department. The position would directly report to the Vice President of Compliance. In addition, this position requires effective interaction and communication with internal departments to ensure compliance with all company related policies and procedures and industry best practices. Day-to-day functions will focus on overseeing and documenting adherence to company policies and procedures related to third-party vendors, affiliate managers, and marketing practices. The Legal Assistant/Paralegal is responsible for researching and providing analysis of findings with respect to laws, regulations, and industry trends and best practices affecting operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow and update as needed the monitoring and documentation programs pursuant to company policies and procedures, in compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, rules and guidelines, including but not limited to: UDAAP, TCPA, TILA, CAN-SPAM Act, GDPR, FTC’s Safeguarding Rules, upcoming CCPA, and applicable trademark and copyright law
- Help track, document, and organize internal compliance responsibilities of employees in various departments, with a heavy concentration on affiliate management
- Monitor and identify critical and emerging compliance risk issues, and ensure they are effectively communicated to the VP of Compliance and Legal for corrective and preventive action
- Track and manage updates and revisions to company policies and procedures and ensure they have been disseminated to internal departments, individual employees, and third-party business partners
- Work closely with VP of Compliance to continue to redefine and enhance policies and procedures for managing vendor risk and compliant marketing practices
- Performs daily, monthly, quarterly, and other periodic compliance audits and reporting, including but not limited to: website content reviews, quality control calls and disposition reviews,
- Helps coordinate compliance training across the company
- Participates in industry related webinars/calls to gain knowledge and shares a summarized report of actionable items for compliance and legal departments
- Other tasks and assignments of a legal and/or regulatory compliance nature, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Degree/Certificate from an ABA accredited paralegal program
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in regulatory compliance, preferably in consumer finance; or experience in a legal department or law firm with hands-on experience in consumer finance law
- Exceptional written skills are an absolute must-have!
- Strong organizational skills, follow-through, ability to communicate effectively, and manage priorities in a fast-paced/deadline environment are essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional support skills and high attention to detail!
Why Join Our Team?
- Must be highly proficient in MS Word (formatting, indexes, TOC, track changes, legal redlines, etc.) and functional to intermediate in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with document management systems or cloud-based DMS is a plus
Zero Parallel boasts a great team culture where hard work is not only appreciated but also rewarded! At Zero Parallel, we believe that our success is built on the success of each and every one of our employees. To that end, here are just a few of the benefits we offer to all eligible employees:
- Employer Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Accrued vacation
- Weekly office massages
- Fully stocked kitchen & regular office lunches
- Team building activities & company social events
- Employee Discount program
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional to join a company that values and rewards dedication, hard-work, team-players!
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume with salary expectations in PDF format.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within his classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Zero Parallel, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that embraces and promotes diversity in the workplace.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please NO recruitment agencies, as Zero Parallel, LLC does not accept agency resumes.